“The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
Savage condemns racism and discrimination of any kind. We stand with those who want a more equitable and inclusive society. While we don’t have all the answers, we commit to listen and learn more, teach and act more, and to be more effective allies to those impacted by discrimination. We invite—and expect—all Team Members to join us. We’re committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where every Team Member is valued, appreciated, and respected. The sum of our individual differences, life experiences, capabilities, and talents creates and enhances our culture. We welcome our Team Members’ differences in age, race, color, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics.
Diversity is about valuing differences. At Savage, we embrace differences and must actively recruit, compensate, retain, and develop Team Members who are appreciated for their uniqueness.
We achieve equity when Savage Team Members have equal opportunities, access, and support to succeed and grow.
Inclusion is a feeling of acceptance, belonging, and identity. Inclusion is about creating an environment where all Savage Team Members feel valued for who they are and understand that their diversity, insights, and experiences are what drives the Company forward.
To create a more diverse and inclusive culture where Team Members have a sense of belonging, we’ll:
Listen and learn
- Engage with Team Members and individuals and organizations in our communities who can help us better understand how we can identify and eradicate inequities
- Explore potential underlying assumptions that interfere with equity and inclusiveness
- Engage in robust dialogue about how to address systemic inequities that impact our work
- Require anti-discrimination and inclusivity training through SavageU
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions
- Treat diversity and inclusivity as critical to fulfilling our Vision and Legacy
- Identify and eliminate inequities in our policies, systems, programs, and services
- Continue to aggressively investigate and remedy discrimination where it occurs
- Challenge our assumptions about what it takes to be an effective leader at our Company and work to increase the pool of diverse, qualified candidates
- Lead with respect, support, and empathy, and expect the same of all Team Members
- Explore all opportunities to find, attract, develop, and retain diverse Team Members
We intend for this statement to be a living document that evolves as we develop a deeper understanding of how to be better and as we act on what we learn.
Kirk Aubry, President & Chief Executive Officer
Tom Coler, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Jeff Kirkham, Executive Vice President & Chief People Officer
Bob Knief, President of Bartlett; Sector President, Agriculture
Jason Ray, Executive Vice President & Chief Development Officer; Interim Sector President, Infrastructure
Jeff Roberts, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Nathan Savage, Sector President, Environmental
Amy Smedley, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary